New Culture Northwest Cascadia Fall MiniCamp 2017
Thursday September 28 — Sunday October 1, 2017
Camp Details – Building Bridges
What is Camp?
New Culture Camps seek to build a sustainable, love-based culture by exploring intimacy, personal growth, transparency, radical honesty, equality, compassion, sexual freedom, and the power of community.
Camps empower you to:
~ Embrace Authenticity & Vulnerability ~ Step Into Your Power ~ Seek Connection ~ Explore Your Sexuality ~ Experience Community ~ Embody Your Dreams ~ Re-Invent Society ~
What is Unique about New Culture Camps?
- Extended Gatherings provide more time for the teachings to settle in and become practiced ways of being, for realness and authenticity to be revealed, for relationships to form and evolve, and for relaxing in the solace and quiet of the forest.
- Empowering the Individual as a part of Community. New Culture Camps support individual creativity, expression and responsibility as the foundation for a thriving, diverse community. There is no single Truth imposed or Guru who is followed. We encourage participants to embody their passion and purpose in a manner that also gives to the whole.
- Each moment at camp, you are At Choice… At Choice means that you choose, minute by minute, what you will do or not do. We have only a few rules at camp (e.g., no drugs or alcohol, no violence), and these are carefully chosen to help make camp a safe container for all of us. Otherwise, everyone is empowered to choose their own course. Follow your joy and excitement, rather than a sense of obligation. And always remember that camp is an opportunity to experiment with new ways of living our lives, of going beyond our current limitations.
- One Workshop at a Time creates shared experiences, supports common skill-sets and builds community cohesion.
- Group Practices Supporting Transparency and Understanding empower campers to be authentic, create deep connections & seek support as we explore what it takes to create a New Culture based in love for one another and the Earth.
- The Results are powerful and long-lasting. People choose to change their lives as a result of their experiences at camp – new ways of living & relating, new projects, new communities. Participants often stay connected throughout the year, forming meaningful relationships that can last a lifetime.
We provide: A spacious area for tents, healthy vegetarian and vegan meals with a meat option, eight days of programing, experienced regional and international presenters, exciting workshops and fun activities, a community of fascinating and unusual people.
All-hands Work Sharing: We ask everyone to contribute a few hours over the course of the camp to help Camp run smoothly. This can include cooking or cleaning in the kitchen, tidying shared spaces, and so on. This is a lovely opportunity to bond more deeply with each other and co-create community. You can sign up for your shifts at registration, if you haven’t already signed up by email. It’s a great idea to review the program first, so you don’t grab a shift during a presentation you most want to see.
Intense Experiences: Besides being a wonderful escape from some of society’s repressive social constraints, the NCNW Camp can be an intense personal and interpersonal experience. As such, it can offer opportunities and challenges to face our own innermost inconsistencies, insecurities, and instabilities, as well as to encounter and respond to those of others. Although some situations may not be fully to your liking, you are always at choice as to whether to participate or not. Honoring yourself is a wonderful part of camp. Traditionally, some campers practice multiple loving relationships, but Camp is a place where all relationship choices and orientations are honored equally.
Music: Let’s make music! All music-making is encouraged and appreciated. Bring your instruments and voices. Be the live music you want to hear. Let’s celebrate!
You must arrive on time: Camp can be a powerful experience even if you can’t stay through to the end. However, you MUST arrive prior to Site Orientation at 9pm on Thursday. Also, if this is your first time at camp, you MUST participate in one of our Live Online Orientations. If you need to leave early, we’ll understand, and appreciate the time that you could spend with us.
Location: Windward Intentional Community in Wahkiacus, WA. Windward is dedicated to developing ecological sustainability and practicing love-based community living.